Wednesday 21 March 2012

spring clean series


As I mentioned in my post yesterday, spring has officially begun, which means it's time for a spring clean! I don't just mean spring cleaning your house or your wardrobe, but also looking at all aspects of your life. Taking a holistic approach to identify what areas, whether within your professional or personal life you would like to make changes to and how to go about making these changes, to achieve your goals. 


I've decided to start this new series where I will be sharing my advice and experiences on topics within the general areas of career, health and life. I'm aiming to post twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays for the rest of March and during April. (I'm not claiming to be an expert..I'm just sharing my 2 cents!). I hope that you will find these posts useful!


I think the barrier for most people in achieving their goals, including myself, is a lack of time. Everyone has things that they would like to do, or things that they would like to change, even ideas about where they would like to be. How many times have you said or thought I would be doing whatever it is you want to do but "I don't have the time"  It can be anything from eating breakfast everyday, to finding a new job, to reconnecting with old friends. 


Instead of thinking "i don't have the time" I like to put a positive spin on it "how can i make the time" It's important to create time and take responsibility to make changes to your life in order to achieve your goals, because no one will do it for you. 


I remember reading somewhere "a goal is just a dream until you put a date on it"  



1 comment:

  1. I really like this post.
    This is so true, we live such fast-paced lives that there isn't time for much fun or to do the things that make us happy! At the end of the day we don't creat time, we may never get going on our goals.
    Thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).